Monday, February 21, 2011

A very VERY rough start of my Zombie Story

Have Fun reading my horrible writing lol.


Us, and them
And after all were only ordinary men.
Me, and you.
God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died.
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.
Black and blue
And who knows which is which and who is who.
Up and down.
But in the end it’s only round and round.
Haven’t you heard it’s a battle of words
The poster bearer cried.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There’s room for you inside.
Down and out
It can’t be helped but there’s a lot of it about.
With, without.
And wholl deny it’s what the fightings all about?
Out of the way, it’s a busy day
Ive got things on my mind.
For the want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died.
- Us and Them – Pink Floyd

I woke up in a start. It was cold. Like REALLY cold. I guess the blanket must of fallen off while I was sleeping. The window was slightly ajar letting in the nights breeze. Luckily the light from the moon was enough that I could just make out my blanket at the foot of the bed, half on the floor. The synth from “Any Colour You Like” blaring in my ears.

Pink Floyd? The sudden change in tracks must’ve woke me. I rushed hurriedly for my covers, the darkness and the chill sinking in. God dammit, I’m still afraid after so long. Tears welled up when I grasped my comforter (Double meaning there). Yes! was all I could think as I pulled it up to sheild me from the cold and that feeling of danger that I just couldnt shake.

The blanket caught on something and I frantically pulled, but it wouldnt budge. And then I saw it. The dark black eyes peering at me from the darkness at the foot of the bed. I couldnt move or breathe. All I could was stare at it pleadingly.

The chill of the night air brushed against my skin and I shivered. It took all of my strength to pull away and close my eyes. When I opened them again it was gone. In its place was the stuffed bear my now ex-girlfriend bought me for valentines day.
I sighed, relieved. It was just that stupid bear.

*
By the time morning came around the blanket was on the floor again. The sunlight shining into my room blinding me forcibly awake.

I know i know no zombies yet but there are lots of hidden easter eggs that may be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment